This policy sets out the different areas where user privacy is concerned and outlines the obligations & requirements of the users, the website and website owners. Furthermore, the way this website processes, stores and protects user data and information will also be detailed within this policy.
The Sandal Group take a proactive approach to user privacy and ensure the necessary steps are taken to protect the privacy of its users throughout their visiting experience. This website complies with all UK national laws and requirements for user privacy.
We try to keep this website secure. However we ask you to recognise when providing your information to us through our website or when you send us or ask us to send you any of your confidential information by email, that the internet and email communications over the internet may not be secure. We cannot be responsible for any loss or unauthorised interception of information transmitted via the internet which is beyond our control.
Whilst using our website, software applications or services, you may be required to provide personal information (name, address, email, account details, etc.). We will use this information to administer our website, applications, client databases and marketing material. We will ensure that all personal information supplied is held securely in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679, as adopted into law of the United Kingdom in the Data Protection Act 2018. Further, by providing telephone, fax and email details, you consent to Sandal Motors (Huddersfield) Ltd contacting you using that method.
If you are under 16 please do not provide us with any personal information unless you have the permission of your parent or guardian to do so.
You are responsible for informing us of any change in your details, such as a change of address. You have a right to ask us to correct any inaccuracies in the information we hold about you.
We may share your information for any of these purposes with BMW group companies and our service providers and agents who perform services on our behalf, such as data management firms. We may also pass your information to third parties if we have been asked to provide information for legal or regulatory purposes.
How do we collect information?
Sandal Motors (Huddersfield) Ltd collects information in number of ways including:
- When you directly give it to us (“Directly Provided Data”)
When you sign up for our site, purchase our products or communicate with us, you may choose to voluntarily give us certain information – for example, by filling in text boxes or completing registration forms. All this information requires a direct action by you at that time in order for us to receive it.
- When you give us permission to obtain from other accounts (“User Authorised Data”)
Depending on your settings or the privacy policies for other online services, you may give us permission to obtain information from your account with those other services. For example, this can be via social media or by choosing to send us your location data when accessing our website from your smartphone.
- Third parties or publicly available sources. We may receive personal data about you from various third parties as set out below:- Prophecy Unlimited our website providers for sandalbmw.co.uk, sandalmini.co.uk, sandalhuddersfieldbmw.co.uk sandalwakefieldbmw.co.uk, sandalhuddersfieldmini.co.uk, sandalwakefieldmini.co.uk. AutoTrader Limited, website providers for our used car listings and BMW UK Group and its associated companies, including but not limited to BMW UK Ltd, BMW Financial Services (GB) Ltd, Rolls-Royce Motors Cars Ltd, BMW, Motorrad UK, Alphabet (GB) Ltd, MINI Financial Services.
How long do we keep your data for?
Sandal Motors (Huddersfield) Ltd will not retain your personal information longer than necessary. We will hold onto the information you provide either while your account is in existence, or as needed to be able to provide the Services to you, or (in the case of any contact you may have with our Customer Care team) for as long as is necessary to provide support-related reporting and trend analysis only.
If legally required or if it is reasonably necessary to meet regulatory requirements, resolve disputes, prevent fraud and abuse, or enforce our Terms and Conditions, we may also retain some of your information for a limited period of time as required, even after you have closed your account or it is no longer needed to provide the Services to you.
Sandal Motors (Huddersfield) Ltd will not sell or rent your personally identifiable information, gathered as a result of filling out the site registration form, to anyone. If we acquire or merge with other businesses then we might use your personal data for the acquired or merged business in the same way as set out in this privacy notice.
Choosing how we use your data
We understand that you trust us with your personal information and we are committed to ensuring you can manage the privacy and security of your personal information yourself.
With respect to the information relating to you that ends up in our possession, and recognising that it is your choice to provide us with your personally identifiable information, we commit to giving you the ability to do all of the following:
- You can verify the details you have submitted to Sandal Motors (Huddersfield) Ltd by contacting our customer services team on 01484 515515. Our security procedures mean that we may request proof of identity before we reveal information, including your e-mail address, your address, your telephone numbers and vehicle details if applicable.
- You can also contact us by the same method to change, correct, or delete your personal information controlled by Sandal Motors (Bayern) Ltd or Sandal Motors (Huddersfield) Ltd regarding your profile at any time. Please note though that, if you have shared any information with others through social media channels, that information may remain visible, even if your account is deleted.
- You are also free to close your account through our customer services team on 01484 515515. If you do so, your account will be deactivated. However, we may retain archived copies of your information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes (including to help address fraud and spam).
- You can always feel free to update us on your details at any point through our customer services team on 01484 515515.
- You can unsubscribe from receiving marketing emails from us by clicking the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any email we may send you. Once you do this, you will no longer receive any emails from us. This will not apply to personal data provided to us as a result of a product/service purchase, warranty registration, product/service experience or other transactions.
- You have the right at any time to request a copy of the personal information we hold on you. Should you wish to receive a copy of this, please contact us on email@example.com. We will not charge you unless your request is manifestly unfounded or excessive, particularly if it is repetitive. Any charge will be a reasonable fee based on the administrative cost of providing the information. Information will be provided without delay and at the latest within one month of receipt.
- Please note, we are constantly reviewing how we process and protect data. Therefore, changes to our policy may occur at any time. We will endeavour to publicise any change
Please note: Telephone calls may be recorded to ensure quality of service.